Wednesday, February 25, 2009

So Rubbish



I am so bad at writing in here. I must try harder.

I just had a flash of inspiration and creativity, and sat down to work on my novel. I now have five chapters completed (until the final edit of course), which is 10,500 words.
I am aiming for 80-100,000 words in total, so although it 10,500 sounds like a lot, it's really not. Hopefully I will be finished by the fall. I would like to say before then, but it's senior year, final semester, I have a thesis to write, as well as four presentations and three papers, two written exams and an oral exam, so novel writing is on the back burner until summer, but maybe some miracle will happen and I will get to write a lot before summer.

In other news ... graduation is 10.30 am, Tuesday July 7. I cannot wait.

And I got new glasses. They are plastic, colored frames, very different from the plain boring, wirey ones I have been wearing since like 1998. They feel kinda weird, like they don't quite fit. But they do fit. I hate glasses. :(



Anyway, I need to sleep. Night night.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm so glad you are still writing! I do keep up with your blog, although something is wrong with the link and I have to manually type in "alittletooolate.blogspot.com" on my address bar to even get to your blog. I know you have a new address thingy but it doesn't work on my computer for some reason. :-/

You need to write more! Haha... I know that sounds funny since you are working on your novel, but you should save a few hundred words for your blog once in a while. ;-) Speaking of your novel, I can't imagine doing that. I am overwhelmed just thinking about it! I used to want to write books but now I know it would be a disaster. What is your novel about? I've probably asked that before but I forgot.

I hope you're doing okay!! Let me know what you've been up to!

Zuckerschnute said...

Aww Katie, I feel so bad for not writing so much now I know you manually type in the address to get to my blog! (I found out though, if you click on my little picture under the followers bit on your blog, it comes up with the name of my blog and if you click on that, it takes you directly there. :) And I think you can do it from Dashboard also, but i didn't try that so I'm not 100% sure).

I am still writing though. There is literally nothing exciting happening in my life at all because all I do is study right now, but I am writing something special for my blog, which I will upload very soon. :) As for my novel, well I am actually working on two (though one is mostly in my head and on a few scraps of paper): the first (the one I was talking about in my blog) is a tragic love story about two people who meet again after a long time, and the second is more serious, and about suicide and a dysfunctional family ... and will one day be turned into a fabulous indie film (LOL!).
You could write a book though; you are a brilliant writer and all of the blogs you have written over the years would easily make a great book!! Honestly!!